Monday, July 1, 2013

Getting Ready for CHA Vegas: 20 Days 'til Take-Off

Up until now, my entire CHA prep has consisted of shedding the last 10 pounds of post-pregnancy weight to avoid awkward questions of "when's the baby due?"

But last night I had my first trade show nightmare. I had set up my booth (which was 100% wet-clay-grey, for whatever strange reason), but then someone moved everything around, turned off all my lights, built walls around my area and hid me behind another booth.

I guess my subconscious is telling me it's time to get ready. Twenty days and counting.

For anyone who will be at CHA Vegas, please stop by Lucky booth #1001. First table on the right as you enter. I'll have free samples of the printed collage sheets as well as lots of examples of what you can do with them.  Plus, it is always so fun to meet people in person.

In the mean time, here's my prep list of everything still left to do:
1. Print catalogs (100?), order forms, and terms
2. Create and print postcards (1000?)
3. Send pre-show emails
4. Create and print booth graphics. Set-up sample booth at home.
5. Make samples (fun!) of jewelry and such.
6. Coordinate, print, and package new collage sheets for samples.
7. Find booth helper for Wednesday July 24th.
8. Update website with new online catalog

Yikes. Oh, and guests are coming into town this week, grandparents (aka, babysitters) are leaving town this week, my packager is also leaving town this week (what's with everyone thinking they can have fun this summer?) and one of the largest orders in piddix history should hopefully be coming in tomorrow. Add everything else in my beautifully-chaotic life into the mix and I think we're in for some late nights. Sounds like it's time for me to get to work.

No comments: